Southampton is beautiful all year round, with very different seasons. The types of activities that you can do free or almost free vary according to the time of year. Whether you’re traveling alone, as a couple, with a group of friends, or as a family, you will never run out of affordable things to do.
Top Southampton Activities
In looking for things to do that are free or almost free, it becomes evident that budget is a factor. While it might surprise you, if you want tosave money on ground transportation, you should consider hiring a JFK airport limo to reach your hotel. Compared to other modes of transportation, this is actually more cost-effective.
You will also save money while tooling around town by using the services of an LGA limo as opposed to a rental car. The reason is that you pay one fee, rather then spending money on insurance, gas, parking, tolls, and so on.
- Cooper’s Beach—If you’re going to Southampton in the summertime, Cooper’s Beach is a remarkable destination. However, this beach is gorgeousat any time of year. You will enjoy the crashing sound of large waves and, when the weather is nice, you and your guests can also enjoy a number of land and water activities, particularly kayaking and surfing, which are excellent.
- Conscience Point Historic Site and Nature Walk—If you have a genuine love of the great outdoors, you will appreciate the beauty of this location. There, you can enjoy bird watching, skipping stones on the water, walking along gorgeous trails, or if you prefer, pack a picnic lunch where you and others can relax down by the water’s edge. This entire area is magnificent and completely free.
- Pelletreau Silver Shop—In visiting this 17th-century shop, you have the opportunity to watch modern-day artisans create silver jewelry using ancient methods. The artists create masterful designs that are simply stunning. Of course, there is a store just in case you see something you’d like to buy.
- Wolffer Estate—When traveling with adults, take an LGA limo ride to this estate for wine tasting. The estate is gorgeous, boasting a special tasting room with comfortable seating outdoors, where you will enjoy generous samples of wine.
- The Thomas Halsey Homestead—Open all year, this 17th-century homestead is believed to be the oldest English-style house in all of New York. In addition to its amazing architecture, you will enjoy viewing the 17th-and 18th-century home furnishings.
The Best Method of Transportation
Regardless of which of the free or almost-free activities you want to experience while in Southampton, remember that a JFK limo to your hotel and then an LGA limo for getting around will save money, so you can enjoy a few things that are not free.